• Reduce or eliminate tax liabilities on your retirement plan by naming the NBCC as a direct beneficiary. The entire amount of your IRA, 401(k) or other retirement accounts may be taxed if you leave them to your heirs. Instead, consider giving them less tax-burdened assets like real estate and stock, and use retirement assets to create your legacy gift with the NBCC.
LIFE INSURANCE PLAN
• If you have a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose, you can use it to reduce your taxes and create a legacy gift for the NBCC.
GIFTS OF REAL ESTATE
• You may decide to leave your property to the NBCC. This gift is ideal for people who wish to continue living in their home or property through their lifetime, but want to make a charitable gift.
GIFTS OF STOCKS, BONDS, AND MUTUAL FUNDS
• Stocks, bonds, and mutual funds that have appreciated in value are among the best ways to ensure that the NBCC can maintain its critical programs in your local community and across the United States.
• Reduce income tax for you and your estate.
“All tithes of the land, whether in grain from the fields or in fruit from the trees, belong to the LORD; they are sacred to the LORD.” LEVITICUS 27:30
A DONOR’S STORY
When John’s mother passed away, he knew he wanted to do something that would establish a lasting legacy for her. He knew she was deeply involved with her church and her faith was important to her. John decided to make a gift to the NBCC in his mother’s name using appreciated securities. Not only will his mother’s legacy live on at the NBCC thanks to the gift, but John also qualified for a federal income tax charitable deduction and eliminated capital gains tax on the securities.